VDS Carpentry – Statement of Intent
The objective of this policy is to attain and maintain high standards of health and safety performance throughout the VDS Carpentry company.
All persons conducting activities employed under the name of VDS Carpentry will adhere to this Health & Safety Policy.
VDS Carpentry will comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 (the Act) and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation 2001 (the Regulation) subsequently laid under it and meet the standards required therein.
Hazards will be identified and the risk of injury, disease or dangerous occurrence will be minimised by the achievement and maintenance of high standards of health and safety.
At VDS Carpentry we take our workplace safety very seriously. We always work to and abide the NSW Work Cover Industry Code of Practice
So What is an Industry Code of Practice?
The Industry Code of Practice is a practical guide to achieving the standard of health, safety and welfare required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 (the Act) and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation 2001 (the Regulation) for a particular area of work.
An approved industry code of practice should be followed, unless there is an alternative course of action which achieves the same or a better standard of health, safety and welfare in the workplace.
In summary an approved INDUSTRY CODE OF PRACTICE:
- can be used to support prosecutions for failing to comply with or contravening the Act or Regulation.
- should be followed, unless there is an alternative course of action which achieves the same or better standard of health and safety in the workplace
- gives practical guidance on how the required standard on health, safety and welfare can be achieved in an area of work
- can be used in support of the preventive enforcement provisions of the Act
VDS Carpentry – Our Workplace Safety Policy
VDS Carpentry, the Central Coast’s leading carpentry team will always endeavor to:
• Ensure that all employees are made aware of their duty to co-operate with this policy;
• Comply with statutory legislation and codes of practice relating to safety and welfare at work;
• Ensure that this policy is reviewed on a regular basis and that relevant amendments are brought to the attention of all employees and contractors.
• Ensure that all management, employees are adequately, informed, trained and equipped to carry out their work in a safe manner;
That’s the VDS Safety commitment to you.